Diabetes is a serious disease, but you can learn to manage it. If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, make sure to talk to your internal medicine doctor in Matawan, New Jersey about how you can best take care of your health.
Here’s what you can do right now to prevent diabetes complications and enjoy a healthier life.
- Check your blood sugar level every day. Write down the results so you can track your progress.
- Visit a family clinic in New Jersey and get a complete checkup at least once a year. Make sure you get a dilated eye exam, foot exam, and blood pressure check.
- Protect yourself from certain illnesses by keeping your vaccines up to date.
- Exercise regularly to reach or maintain a healthy weight. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 days a week. Exercise is also great for managing stress, and it helps control blood pressure levels.
- Check your feet daily for swelling, redness, blisters, calluses, or sores. When left untreated, these may lead to serious infections.
Are you looking for a provider of quality medical care?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. Visit Vijay Patel, MD today, so we can discuss your care needs.