Purpose of Study:
To determine whether an investigational drug is safe and effective in the treatment of this SARS-CoV-2 with COVID-19 infection, compared with placebo (a dummy treatment that contains no active ingredients) for subjects with mild to moderate symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 with COVID-19 Infection.
What is the investigational drug?
It is a monoclonal antibody which is being developed by the sponsor as a potential treatment for SARS-CoV-2 with COVID-19 infection. The main mechanism of action is blocking the binding between SARS-CoV-2 RBD and cellular receptor, ACE2, thus inhibiting their infection to host cells.
Who can participate in this study?
- Male or female aged 18 or above
- Diagnosed with SARS-CoV-2 with COVID-19 infection
- Not requiring supplemental oxygen
- One or more of the SARS-CoV-2 with COVID-19 infection associated symptoms* within 7 days
- Currently pregnant, breastfeeding, planning to be pregnant women cannot participate
- Feeling feverish
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Body pain or muscle pain
- Nasal obstruction or congestion
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
What are the Risks?
All drugs may cause certain side effects and discomforts. There may be side effects and discomforts that are not yet known. If any of the side effects get serious or if you notice any adverse events during the study period, you will be requested to tell your study doctor.
This study was approved by the National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition based on the favourable position statement of the Medical Research Council’s Ethics Committee.
If you want to participate in the study please fill out the form below.